March 20, 2020
Attention: All Peace of Mind Valued Tenants!
During these scary and uncertain times we wanted to give you some important information and updates.
Our name “Peace of Mind” Management has never just referred to our clients who own the properties but has always referred to YOU our valuable tenants as well.
But there is some good news!!
As many of you may know, the government recently announced funding for most of those affected:
- EI benefits for both those that qualify AND those that don’t.
- Increase HST rebates for those that qualify for HST cheques.
- Increased child tax credit for each child for both single parents and couples.
- Delayed income tax filing for all citizens of Canada.
- Insurance companies and banks are willing to push payments.
- No payments and interest for 6 months on student loans.
- Banks and insurance companies are allowing payments to be missed.
- Saint John Energy has discontinued shut-offs due to non-payment for the time being.
These measures were put in place to help all Canadians and this includes YOU!
We encourage you to take advantage of any or all of these that are applicable, to help you and your family during this difficult time.
If we work together, we WILL get through this! The onus is on all of us to protect ourselves, our homes, our neighbours, families and friends from this virus. Please be sure you practice all measures outlined by the health authorities:
- Practice social distancing
- Wash your hands…. ALOT!
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow
- Don’t gather in large groups
- Use hand sanitizer
- Stay away from those in a high-risk category
But most of all be KIND. Be kind to your neighbours, your family and friends and those that seem to need it most.
This will end and POMM is here with you throughout it all. While our offices are now closed, we ask that you call or email with any questions or concerns you might have.
If you have an emergency, we are ready!
We ask that you email money transfer your rent payments or mail cheques. If you can’t please call or email us at the contact info below and we will do our very best to receive your payment. For those needing to pay with Cash we will have a drop slot in our door for your convenience.
If you are elderly or have a compromised immune system and require any assistance with food delivery or anything, please do not hesitate to contact us. Here at Peace Of Mind we will do everything we can to help those that need it.
Communication is key. Let’s not stop communicating about our needs or concerns and rest assured there is light at the end of this difficult time.
Please continue to follow us on Facebook and our website for information updates:
Wishing you and your family a safe and healthy time in the days to come.
All POMM Staff
Jonathan, Catherine, Beth, Kevin, Mindi, Angela, Blaine, Denis, Bill, Jamie, Jordan,
Jeff, Rose, Melissa, Tony, Sue